Ear Nose and Throat
Ear, nose and throat specialist (ENT), are doctors trained in the medical and surgical treatment of ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders. We have special expertise in managing diseases of the ear, nose and nasal passages, sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity and upper pharynx (mouth and throat), as well as cancer of the head and neck.
ENT specialists are trained to treat infectious diseases, tumours (both benign and malignant), facial trauma, and deformities of the face.
This is the unique domain of the ear, nose, and throat specialist. This includes medical and surgical treatment of hearing disorders, ear infections, balance disorders, facial nerve or cranial nerve disorders, as well as management of certain congenital birth disorders.
- To provide a service covering all aspects of Ear Nose and Throat surgery
- To provide a comprehensive service to liaise closely with related specialties – in particular audiology and speech and language therapy
- To provide a more specialised service accepting ‘tertiary’ referrals
- Thyroid surgery
- Complex sinus and nasal disease (including endoscopic sinus surgery)
- Structural and functional nose problems (including septorhinoplasty)
- Paediatric (children’s) ENT surgery
- Voice disorders
- Bone anchored and middle ear implants
- Snoring and sleep disorders
- To provide a regional and national cochlear Implant service assessing and treating profoundly hearing-impaired or hearing-challenged children and adults.
- To support nursing development including nurse-led initiatives
- To be actively involved in research and clinical governance.