At pranaam the department of Neurology having reputed physicians dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of disease involving the central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous systems, including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effector tissue, such as muscle.
Neurological disorders are disorders that can affect the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), the peripheral nervous system, or the autonomic nervous system.
Major conditions include:
- Behavioral/cognitive syndromes
- Headache disorders such as migraine, cluster headache and tension headache
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neurodegenerative disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as transient ischemic attack and stroke.
- Sleep disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Infections of the brain (encephalitis), brain meninges (meningitis), spinal cord (myelitis)
- Infections of the peripheral nervous system
- Neoplasms – tumors of the brain and its meninges (brain tumors), spinal cord tumors, tumors of the peripheral nerves (neuroma)
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, hemiballismus, tic disorder, and Gilles de la Tourette syndrome
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis, and of the peripheral nervous system, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Spinal cord disorders – tumors, infections, trauma, malformations (e.g., myelocele, meningomyelocele, tethered cord)
- Disorders of peripheral nerves, muscle (myopathy) and neuromuscular junctions
- Exciting injuries to the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves
- Altered mental higher status, encephalopathy, stupor and coma
- Speech and language disorders
- Functional symptoms, having no apparent physiological cause
Highly qualified and experienced team of physicians who are well versed in handling the individuals, attend to them on OP Consultation Basis.