At pranaam the department of Ophthalmology deals with the with the diseases and surgery of the visual pathways, including the eye, brain, and areas surrounding the eye, such as the lacrimal system and eyelids.
Common types of eye problem includes:
- Drainage from the eyes
- Eyestrain or vision changes
- Misaligned eyes or strabismus
- Blood in the white of the eye (subconjunctival hemorrhage)
- Eyelid problems
- Contact lens problems
- Color blindness
- Night blindness
- Retinal problems, such as diabetic retinopathy
- Red eyes that may be caused by infection, inflammation, or tumors.
- Macular degeneration
- Treatment provided by the team includes:
- Diagnose and treat all kinds of eye diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma.
- Prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Treat eye injuries.
- Perform surgery on the eye, such as cataract removal, glaucoma correction, or LASIK surgery
Surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula