At pranaam the department of Urology provides screening, staging and the most up-to-date treatment of all uro-genital tumors such as
- Diagnosis and treatments of cancers of the prostate, bladder, testes, kidney and penis.
- Medical and surgical treatments for benign prostatic enlargement.
- Medical and surgical treatments of functional bladder conditions, including incontinence in women.
- Treatment for urinary tract stone disease.
- Renal obstruction, including obstructive renal failure.
- Andrology, including male infertility and erectile dysfunction.
The Department of Urology has a complete range of facilities to provide comprehensive services in the management of urological conditions. Specialised procedures carried out in the department include:
- Radical prostatectomy for early prostate cancer.
- Cystectomy and orthotopic bladder reconstruction for bladder cancer.
- Surgery for renal tumours involving the inferior vena cava using cardio-pulmonary bypass.
- Retroperitoneal surgery for advanced testicular cancer.
- Bladder reconstruction for neuropathic and non-neuropathic bladder overactivity.
- Artificial urinary sphincter implantation.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy.
- Shock-wave lithotripsy for urinary tract stone disease.